Emerging Opportunities in Photonics Research
This session features presentations by program managers from government funding agencies to discuss their vision for future photonics research, which is followed by a panel-based and moderated discussion on the emerging opportunities and grand challenges of photonics research, development, and commercialization. This session involves strong audience participation to discuss the emerging themes in photonic-based sciences and technologies with significant societal benefit.
- Mario Dagenais, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
- Zetian Mi, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
- Dominique Dagenais, NSF, USA
- Michael Gerhold, Army Research Office, USA
- Claire Cramer, DOE Office of Science, USA